Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Ladies and gentleman welcome to my first blog!!!!


THE ADVENTURE

Prologue:

I have traveled to the “Land of the rising sun” on the 30th of June which was 8 days ago. By myself to a job in Okinawa a southern island of Japan. I work at Rizzan Sea Park Hotel on the beach. Now please read on…

Day one:
Well I got on the plane realizing what the hell I was doing but had I really nice lady sit next to me. She was transferring to LA and staying in Taiwan for the stop over with me and was really friendly ....(She looked like the Mother of “Two an a Half Men” the old mum hahahahaha) well when we got to Taipei it was a huge airport!!! but me and this old lady found our way to the bus to get to our hotel...I stayed in a golf country club and got a massive 2 bedroom room with a bathroom the size of my room and well….it was worth more than 55dollars lol. But I was starving!!! we got there at 7:30 and dinner had to be paid in either Taiwan dollars or American dollars or Visa.. and I was starving but too scared to use visa.. but that nice lady on the plane saw me and bought me dinner it was a massive meal but cheap(she had American dollars on her.) Next day I got to the airport and it was huge 4 times the size of Brisbane. one half was called Terminal 2 the other terminal 1. I was told to go to T2 so I went in and customs was a breeze but the lady told me to go to gate B3 so I ran around trying to find B3 and got lost than realized B3 was in T1 so I was a little confused cause I was supposed to be in T2 so I asked another lady and she said "D"3 not B3, D3 so I had to got to the other side of the airport and it was easy to get lost. Finally I found it with 20minutes till boarding time. Well the flight to Okinawa was only 1hour and they still gave you a meal. Customs was okay on arrival but they took me away and checked my bag I had to unpack everything than I was fine. I met Stuart at the airport and other kids, they are all great people: one from Melbourne and 1 from Spain and 2 from NZ so they all speak English. I met my boss and other kids already working. I am the second youngest I think by only 2 months everyone is 19, 22, 26, 27. I went to the city office and registered as an alien (foreign) and other things. Well all in all up till today it was daunting in Taiwan and early today but now it is all fun. oh and Stuart bought wireless internet today for our room, so he set that up and we can go internet in our room for free cause booboobeach pay for it. My shifts are 9 -5 we are 1hour behind Australia so (9:30-6 your time)

No comments: